There is really no right answer to the question on whether Screen printing or embroidery is better. There are so many factors to consider and every circumstance is different, therefore it is really important to understand the pros and cons of each one and make your own decision based on your need. So before we dive into the pros and cons of each, let’s quickly go through what each one means and review the process.
What is Screen Printing?
Screen printing is a process where the and image or graphics is printed on a shirt by using actual ink that stays on top of the shirt and does not soak into the actual material of the shirt. It is the cheapest way to print on clothing.
Here are some pros and cons of screen printing:
- Can print with a lot of detail and color including shades on logos, etc…
- It can be used on uneven and oddly shaped surfaces
- Colors can be very lively
- Gets less costly with bulk
- Tough to print photographic art
- Print can fade or crack over time
What is Embroidery Printing?
Embroidery printing is a process in which an image is stitched directly into the clothing. This can be done through a machine or hand. Most people that choose embroidery do so because it looks very professional and it is used by most corporations for the purpose of printing uniforms and company clothing.
Here are the pros and cons of embroidery printing:
- Looks very professional
- Does not fade or break with continues use and washing
- It makes clothing look truly unique
- Logos and images might have to be changed because this method does not allow for shade
- It is very difficult to stich small text
In summary there are a lot of methods to get your own custom t-shirts, company uniforms and just cool custom clothing. Knowing some of the pros and cons I think you need to consider a few questions before deciding on how to proceed.
Here are the questions to consider before deciding on what printing method to use:
1. What is the quantity of clothing you are looking to print?
2. How rich in
3. What is the purpose of the custom clothing?
4. How often will it be worn and washed?
5. What type of clothing
Having these answers ready will help the printer guide you in the right direction and make the process more efficient.
Printd is your top choice for custom t-shirts and t-shirt printing. Whatever your custom apparel and promotional needs we have you covered.